Psychotherapy, Behavior Modification, Coaching is more effective with open communication between the therapist and client to promote the most individualized and desirable outcomes. It is important for the client to share openly and honestly all related details. The Therapist is a trained professional to guide you through the process. It takes consistency, participation and commitment on the client’s part to reconstruct unhealthy behaviors.
Psychotherapy benefits are that it can help eliminate or control troubling symptoms, increase well-being, healing, emotional growth, improve relationships, increase awareness, identify root cause of the problem dynamics, learn problem solving skills, solutions to specific problem areas, and increased life satisfaction to reach one’s fullest potential.
In "Individual Therapy" the process allows the therapist and client to speak one-on-one. Most sessions are usually 50-60 minutes.
What You Can Expect in Individual Counseling
We pride ourselves in putting our clients first and using a collaborative, non-judgmental approach to address the root of emotional or behavioral Issues. Our Individual psychotherapy sessions are distinct in the following key areas, because we focus on:
- 1Building rapport and understand expectations and goals for treatment.
- 2Collect relevant information like Family, history, Childhood experiences, Trauma and Abuse history, Past treatment history, and other relevant information.
- 3Peeling the onion strategy to effectively change entrenched psychological or behavioral patterns and unresolved issues to develop and build appropriate solutions and coping skills.
- 4Work with creative methods to process and uncover the root cause of the current symptomatology.
- 5Focus on the issues most relevant to one’s goals.
- 6Utilize experiential (in the moment) therapeutic tools to tap into how the brain learns and exhibits behaviors and emotions.
These are just a few of the ways to describe what you can expect when working with our Sahaya Therapy psychotherapy staff.
In Couples Therapy we address symptoms and behavior management, recognizing problem areas that are causing distress, problem solving and improving communication issues, replacing maladaptive with adaptive behaviors and improving interpersonal skills. The couple’s sessions are for 2 hours for clients using their Health Insurance plans. We are not currently honoring 1hour sessions and EAP for Couples sessions.
Topics for Individual, Couples and Group Clinical Services are listed as follows:
Is a solution-focused approach for specific and current stressors and our clinicians tie it into the treatment plan to achieve long-term progress. Among strategies used are regulating one’s Food, complementary and alternative supplements and behavior modification exercises. Coaching is an effective approach to support a variety of lifestyle concerns as follows:
Therapeutic Process for both Individual, Couples Therapy and Life coaching:
Individual Therapy process typically starts with the following steps:
- 1Intake process: Initial intake phone or email is processed by our scheduler; client is encouraged to pre-register on our website. After pre-registration is done Insurance, payment information and Initial demographics are collected and verified by our staff. Client is notified of their financial responsibilities before they are scheduled. Currently all sessions are held via Doxy a HIPAA compliant telehealth video platform until COVID restrictions are lifted. Regular text messages and emails are also encrypted for security. Sahaya Therapy is using Signal Application on the desktop or phone to communicate mutually with clients.
- 2Initial Assessment is a clinical information gathering interview. The therapist will need to make clarifications about the administrative questions, fee structure, payment policy, Insurance co-pay, privacy practices and purpose of the consent forms and other related questions. During the clinical interview, the therapist will gather information regarding the client's family history, social life, employment, financial situation, previous experience in mental health treatment and other factors that can impact mental health and well-being. The assessment provides the psychologist a comprehensive picture of the client's life, which helps in determining the diagnosis and course of treatment.
- 3Subsequent Sessions are based on the diagnosis and nature of the issues, clients are educated more specifically during this first session about the length and frequency of the sessions. The clinicians will educate the clients of the clinical expectations and steps to attain the desired goals. Treatment is a continuous process and goals are periodically evaluated to estimate time for discharge. Clients are slowly tapered off the schedule when the client is ready to be self-sufficient.
Clients are encouraged to be on time for their session. Occasional grace period is allowed for legitimate reasons. Please contact the therapist if you are anticipating being late on their emergency cell (on the website). Occasionally therapy sessions can run into the next session in the schedule, the therapist can make arrangements to make up for the lost time with the client. Please remain waiting in the waiting room until therapist receives you for your session. Please try not to knock on the door or text, as the previous session can be disturbed.
Reminders are sent 48 hours ahead and it contains the video link. Please login and wait to be seen in the virtual waiting room. Therapist and client can communicate via secure texting if they are anticipating any delays starting the session.
Confidentiality & Privacy:
HIPAA protects the relationship between clients and their Therapists. Any information communicated during intake or therapy will not be disclosed without your written permission to anyone. Sahaya Therapy, LLC will contact the client in case there is a subpoena from a federal judge, in which case we are obligated to render relevant information at that time with client’s consent.
- 1Suspected abuse of a child, dependent adult or elder, which the law requires us to report immediately to the DC Board of Counseling and other authorized bodies based on the issue.
- 2A client’s threat of serious bodily harm to another person or persons. In such cases, we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- 3If a client intends to harm him or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their own safety. If they choose not to cooperate, we will take further measures as provided by law, without their permission, in order to ensure their safety.
Reminder and Cancellation Policy:
Reminders: Reminders are automatically sent to the client 48 hours in advance to the client. Clients are encouraged to check their Junk email box in case the notification is not in their inbox.
If you are unable to attend a scheduled session, please notify us at least 48 hours in advance. If we don’t receive your cancellation within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment, clients will be automatically charged a $60 no show fee, a few exceptions may apply based on reason for the absence.